Monday, April 16, 2007

Totally Not a typical Day in the Life of Alli Shirley





"It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato."
- Lewis Grizzard






I'm not quite ready for my "day in the life of Alli Shirley" blog, yet.
It will be soon, okay?

Just a few highlites of the day that I want to journal.

1. I saw a butterfly in my backyard today. I cannot tell you how much I love those little bugs or whatever they are. I will hafta journal on the reason I love 'em later.

2. I heard baby birds in our shed today!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me. Seriously, I'm tempted to write a blog on this right now, but I'm a bit too sleepy.

3. Rebecca Burroughs (some of you know her....ummm...some of you don't) came to my house today and brought me a lavender plant. Lavender is my favorite scent.

4. She also brought me some sort of 3-green powder that is TOTALLY NASTY looking. I added orange juice to it, and I drank all of it. It really wasn't that bad, but it sure was gross looking.

5. I drank hot tea and ate biscuits with jam with 2 girlfriends as our kids played in my yard.

6. Dean got a sammich that was too big from Roly Poly, and gave me the other half tonight. It was yummy bummy in my tum tum.

7. I'm stoked about our garden this year and home grown tomatoes. I can't wait!!!!!

8. The weather was perfect-o today.

9. God has been oh so good to me today. He is amazing, and knows how to love me. I am thankful for this sweet day.




6 comments:

Graced said...

ahh, the blessings of a spring day, full of the promise of summer

Jeremy Conner said...

Regarding #1

Butterflies are ok I guess, but in general I believe all bugs should burn in hell for all eternity.

Regarding #6

Roly-Poly is absolutely AWESOME. Turkey Applejack or Chicken Cordon Bleu (why don't they just spell it Blue? Probably an american, southern redneck trying to sound French...and the French in general suck so I don't know why you'd want to do that)

Regarding #4

I used to be involved in herbal remedy type stuff...knew a guy who's wife was into it "hardcore" (by that I mean she would not eat anything that wasn't herbally-friendly or whatever)...once I had Streph throat, and this lady swore doctor's were bad and herbs were good and that she could cure me safely and quickly. A week and many glasses of the most awful concoction you've ever tasted later, you could literally see white circular formations on my throat - it looked so bad that when I finally went to the doctor, he offered me pain medication for it.

Regarding #9

I'm glad God is comforting your broken heart.

Anonymous said...

What a great post Alli. I love ya'lls picture in the corner! Where do I know the name Rebeccah Buroughs from? Refresh my memory or i'll grow crazy!

Michelle said...

you are not allowed to stop blogging...not even for one day of rest. I am the blog mafia and you will do what i say.

I am sooooooo kidding, relax...live your life and then blog darn it!

Michelle said...

I can't leave a comment on your new post. Please help me!

baloney said...

I know this guy...
He has connections with
Roly Poly...
I can get his number for you...