Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Bug Business

So, my kids are sometimes scared of bugs. I'm afeared that they got that nervousness from me. I do know several ladies who can handle the flutter of bugs and not even flinch. Not me. I am totally a flincher.

Well, it's getting to be summer time, sweet friends. The mesquitos are starting to wake up and visit my home. Ya see, I leave the door cracked while the kids are outside. I gots to do that so I can hear them while I cook or clean. ANYWAY, the stinkers have been sneakin' in when I am not noticing. My kids freaked out when it happened the first time. And, it was when we had company (of course). So, here's my big boy totally wiggin out over this bug. One of my friends told Andrew that the big mesquitos were our friends because they ate the bad little mesquitos (i didn't know that, did you?). Then, she suggested that we name him, Bob. That was last week.

Since then Andrew has been telling me that he loves his pet mesquito, Bob. Yup, he talks to the thing as it flies on the wall and in the light.

Last night I was in the laundry room. Andrew was in the kitchen. I hear him yell "someone killed my pet....Bob!!"

Luckily my husband is wise and educated on such critters, and told Andrew that no one killed Bob, but that the freaks...I mean, mesquitos.....don't live for very long.

As Dean is teaching this lesson to my attentive son we hear Gracie in the hall. Shouting "dere he is! Buddy! Dere his is! Hey, Bob!!" Andrew runs in the hall and exclaims "There you are, Bob! I knew you weren't dead!"

Today it was flying around and I coaxed him to go outside. Of course the kids were encouraging him all the way. "Go Bob! I know you can do it! Go outside with all your friends! Go Bob Go!"

Oh the adventures we have in the Shirley house.

I gotta feelin' y'all are gonna tell me to get my kids a pet.

The answer is "no."


7 comments:

Jeremy Conner said...

ALL BUGS MUST DIE

Michelle said...

Your home sounds fun. It makes me want a pet mosquito.

Graced said...

How sad, when my parents wouldn't let me have a pet I named the roaches in my bathroom. Ha Ha

Michelle said...

I like your new page.

Michelle said...

Yes, I do live at spring aire still. I am actually the resident manager now. I'm at 3317, that should help you when you are "spying" ;) jk You can stop by next time you're in the neighborhood...then you can say "I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would stop by" like they do in the movies. I would love that. I am embarrassed to say I don't think I know the people you are talking about. I've only been the manager for less than a year, but...still I feel rude.

Andy said...

hey alli girl. it's jenn andrews. just wanted to say hi. i've checked out your blog a couple of times but i think failed to leave a comment. your kids are so stinkin' cute. miss you girl. oh and we're pregnant. :) i find out in a month if it's a boy or girl.

Michelle said...

Hey! I posted. You are so sweet. And yes, I so love Kim's blog...in fact maybe I was somewhere in the back of my mind not posting because she was jk. But seriously, she is a really great writer and I feel like my blog is boredom land. I will be stalking you until you write something...