Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I like to Steal Things....

Okay...I didn't take the pic. It's not me in the pic. I have no idea who is in the pic. I am a theif. or is it thief? anyhoo, I just googled nature adventure pics. I found this one, and it goes PERFECTLY with the quote and where I am right now. I like it lots.


“For as long as you can remember, you have been a pleaser, depending on others to give you an identity. You need not look at that only in a negative way. You wanted to give your heart to others, and you did so quickly and easily. But now you are being asked to let go of all these self-made props and trust that God is enough for you. You must stop being a pleaser and reclaim your identity as a free self.”

Henri Nouwen


So, I was reading Jennifer Vines blog a bit ago, and I absolutely love her quote from Rich Mullins. I started researching for some good quotes. This one was the winner.




8 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you! (for letting me comment) I love this quote. A very wise man I once knew used to always say, "there is some dignity in that depravity" and that's kinda like what this is saying. Good longing, but not quite right. We're trying!

baloney said...

ps...
I'm so glad you aren't
'just here to make comments'
anymore...

Jeremy Conner said...

Henri Nouwen is awesome...his book "The Genese Diary" is really awesome. That must have been a recommendation from Randy!

If you really want to blow your mind, try reading Thomas Merton - one of Nouwen's influences and a true "mystic". Some of it is hard reading, but when you can understand it (takes me a bit sometimes) it's really profound.

Graced said...

That is beautiful. What an encouraging quote. I really will need to dwell with that thought for a while. Love you!

Abbey said...

Wow. I can really say no more about that quote...wow.

I don't leave comments for you usually, becasue I know you don't know me, but I have to start because I just love that you use words like sammich and anyhoo. It makes me so happy. I really need to be your blog friend. Can I add you?

Rebecca M. said...

Hey Alli Shirley! It's me Becca (Adomatis) Mclaughlin! I saw your blog through Becca Carpenter. You can see pics of my little Boy mysweetandsavory.blogspot
Love You

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

HA! when I saw your link name to a site named "I've seen her dressed up as a mime" I just knew it was the Rebecca that I knew too :) okay anyway...I am going to call you one of these days. how are things? your family doing well? ~Katy

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most awesome quotes I've heard in a long time. I love it!! Thanks for sharing it!

E