Thursday, April 26, 2007

Not sure what to say...

I'm totally not in a blogging mood. I just updated my site's look. The dog licking the face pic just takes away from the loveliness of the garden pic.

That is why I'm writing another blog.

Not that I've got anything against folks who let dogs lick their faces. I mean, I totally think that IS pretty gross. Sorry, lady with a corner. For real. I'm grossed out by that.

OH!

I gots to give a shout out to our Uncle Jeremy's blog. Please oh please! Check out that guy's blog! He truly takes blogging - seriously. He LOVES to make folks laugh. I know we all really enjoy making people laugh. It is a fabulous feeling when someone laughs at something funny you've said. Man, I love it when I make someone laugh.

Anyway, the other day the guy said that he wished he could have people read his blog in his living room just so he could hear them laugh.

So, read his blog. Send him a comment. Tell him the Shirley fam thinks he's hip. His wifey is a dear friend of mine too. I'm working on her getting a blogspot.

I heard baby birds chirping in my shed one day. Yup. Just one day. Haven't heard them since.

So, we really do have lots of birds in our back yard. It makes me happy. We've got 2 that fight A LOT. I call 'em Fred and Ethel. Dean just told me they were both male. I'm sure they are. But, they sure do hang out a lot. I've seen 'em together like all week. I might need to change the names to Joey and Chandler.

We have 2 little birds that are iddy biddy and the bravest of the birds. I mean, they come on the patio right up to our door!! Unbelievable, eh? So, I get all googley and research the net on Alabama birds. I find out they are House Sparrows. Yeah, that really should make me happy. I mean, I should be writing a blog on how He takes care of the sparrows and us too, right?

You wanna know what I found out about these sparrows?

They are aggressive and kill bluebirds.

That really really really upsets me.

Seriously, JVines with a corner, it bothers me.


I love blogworld.

16 comments:

Jeremy Conner said...

Wow...you put the links in there correctly and everything! Seems like only yesterday you were struggling to make that Xanga junk work, and now look at you! Constant blog updates with quizzes and pictures and links inserted in them...updated blog templates...and what's that I see? You're developing your own little blogging "style" that fits you perfectly!

Nice work!

Of course, the best blogs are ones that link to mine...uhh...I mean...I'm a really humble person, a blogger saved by grace and my blog is no better than anyone elses. Now if I could just get a third as many visitors as you and Charity get, I'd be all set!

Jeremy Conner said...

WAIT A MINUTE...

Just when I went and commented on your blogging skills, I see that you double-posted your last blog.

"If I'm being honest, it reminded me of some ghastly high school play..."

Fortunately, this week we're not eliminating anyone from the competition...we'll just carry the votes over to next week, where all our contestants will compete and you, AMERICA, will decide...tune in Tuesday for the next edition of...AMERICAN BLOGGER.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look, I'm impressed by your header, how'd you do that?

Michelle said...

I already read spiderman's blog and LOVE it!!! I also LOVE all his comments. One day I will record myself really LOL and give it to you so that he can play it for himself. I LOVE to laugh!!!!

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

...so its okay to not really have something to say every once in a while...those are the times when some of the greatest thoughts come about :)
anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!scuddles

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

that last word "scuddles" is not supposed to be there...interesting...I am not sure where it came from?

Jennifer said...

I am too honored that I was mentioned repeatedly on this blog post. I mean, wow! And, Spiderman, I'll have to get a recorder handy, because I do guffaw at your blog occasionally. :-)

Casey said...

O.O Everythings different! What the scuddles?!?!

Griswell said...

Hey look! I figured it out! But my page isn't nice and pretty like yours. I love the bench and the green!

Andy said...

love the new look.

Michelle said...

I have a very important question for you....
Do you have a ping pong table?
I KNOW we would have fun playing ping pong. I am also pretty sure I would make pooting noises. And I am your celery too by the way. I love it!

Anonymous said...

alli you always make me laugh and smile when i read your blog. here in texas it is grey and rainy (but trying not to rain)..i have to work today..and i just noticed how many split ends i have i need a haircut. but i'm not down. do you know why? b/c i read your blog about blogging and birds and laughing and i can hear your voice saying these things and totally cheers me up. keep it up girl.

Michelle said...

I would just love it if you would blog every single day! I know you can't, but I wish.

Rebecca M. said...

Have you thought about anything to say yet?? I miss reading your posts....I mean really Alli it's been 5 whole days!! J/k I know your busy :) I just like you so much!!!

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

...i am going to echo what rebecca said above..."really alli its been 5 whole days" (wink)...of course i am only kidding too.
okay...so we have talked recently...so now we just have to come up with a time to see each other...SOON!