Thursday, August 7, 2008

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Norma Lee.
Norma Lee who?
Normalee I don't go around knocking on doors, but do you want to buy a set of encyclopedias?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today:

I woke up.

Played checkers with my kiddos. I thought the game would never end. I noticed that I'm not the best at being patient in this game. I wanna yell, "Wait! Don't put move there! It'll be an easy jump for me!!" Or, "Why are you moving there! You can jump me right now!!!" I mean, it's only his 2nd time playing.

Side note on my son. Last night at church the big kids were playing "keep the ball from the little kids." Yeah, sounds like an easy and fun game, right? So, after a few minutes Andrew says, "hey, I'm gonna take a rest, I'm tired of playing." When my friend told me this - I don't know, I was feeling a bit sorry for my kiddo. I was like, "awww, don't give up, buddy!" Well, then she tells me that he waits for the right moment, and fakes the big kids and grabs the ball when no one is looking!!!!!!!! Wha...? Where'd he learn that strategy? Then, they all continue to laugh and play. The big kids act all tough and big again (well, I wasn't there, but that's just what I imagine). My boy "falls down" and the big kids check on him. Then, he steals the ball again with a big grin on his face!!

Okay, please know that I did tell my son the importance of playing fair and being honest. I really did.

But, what am I suppose to do with this? Dean was proud of his strategic ways, but he still had my back with the being honest talk. Any other ideas or thoughts on what I can do to make this a "teachable moment" for my boy?

Okay, back to today. We did some school that wasn't too painful.

Soon for snack time we're gonna dip some gummy bears in melted chocolate. They're gonna love it!

Currently they are watching mindless television. Big bad momma jomma is about to stop that! No more of that Between the Lions for you, kiddos!

We're having breakfast for dinner tonight. I need milk and bread.

I need, errr want, some chocolate milk.


The end.

2 comments:

Griswell said...

I'm sure y'all had fun making them, but gummy bears dipped in chocolate just sounds nasty to me. I think its a texture thing. Of course you know me. If you don't tell me what it is and make me try it first I'll probably like it.

Bethany loved the "Norma Lee" joke. She told it over and over again, a different way every time. None of them made sense, but she loved it!

i dig musicians said...

I can't help you on the "play fair" talk 'cause I'm just swellin' with pride and joy at his smarts for doing that! HAHAHA!!!