Friday, July 18, 2008

UPDATE:

I ate chinese two times today. I ate it for lunch and dinner. Ahhh, it was exactly what I needed. Egg Rolls. I love them. I dunno what it is about them. Maybe it's the crunch/chew thing they've got going on? Who knows? But, man! They are yummy!

It is 10:15pm right now. I'm about to start cooking. We are having a family reunion tomorrow. It's gonna be wonderfully fun. We haven't had a family gathering like this since, eh, 1994 or so.

However, I am a bit nervous. We are to bring an appetizer, side dish and dessert. Okay, I'm more than nervous. I'm about to ralph. These folks are known for their culinary abilities. I'm known for being silly and sweet.

I just decided 1 1/2 hours ago what I was going to make as my side dish. Well, really my darling hubby decided for me. I'm about to shuck some corn. I should wake up my yahoos and make them shuck the corn. I could put it in their homeschool folder. Learning about corn and silk and shucking. I think it's a jolly good idea.

Deano wants a motorcycle so bad. He's always wanted one. I've always said, "umm. no." Well, gas prices are killin' us. So, I finally said what I should've said years ago, "yes, dear." I mean, no lie, the guy would look hawt on a motorcycle all leathered up and stuff. I'm just saying. They just intimidate the whatever outta me.

I really want my toenails painted by tomorrow too. I need to shuck 16 ears of corn, and I'm sitting here telling all 4 of you that read my blog about my toes.

What else?

I scared my buddy boy when he was taking a bath tonight. He screamed and said "mom, you startled me!" I'm not sure why I think that's so cute, but I do.

I really don't wanna cook.

Really. I don't.

I wish I had someone to come and cook with me right now.

Maybe I can get my sweet lover to help me shuck this corn and chop this cilantro.

I've got you wondering what I'm cooking, eh?

Sounds like I've got some doozy recipes, don't I?

ya wanna know what I'm bringin'? I'll tell you, then I REALLY need to go.

Okay.

Appetizer: homemade salsa (recipe from jeremy's wife, Regina)
Side dish: fresh corn casserole (recipe from the pioneer woman)
Dessert: homemade chocolate chip cookies (recipe from...I dunno)

It's gonna be a laaaaaaate night.

AGAIN.

Did I tell you we finished Swiss Family Robinson?

QUIT BLOGGING, ALLI! GO COOK!

okay. okay. I'm going.

11 comments:

Missy said...

Woohoo, I must be one of your 4 readers!
I want some of your fresh corn casserole. You can just drive it right over when your done :)

care-in said...

I'll come cook for you...I love taking stuff to get togethers. What happened to the days of a potluck after church on Sundays? Ahhh...those were the days.

Griswell said...

AHHH!!! I was supposed to send you those recipes and I forgot!! I'm SOOOO sorry! Oh gosh I feel bad. What kind of friend am I? Ug.
On a more positive note, your family is going to be much more impressed with what your bringing than the recipes that I would have sent you. Seriously. I hope you have fun!

Rebecca M. said...

I love reading "Alli" thoughts...They always make me smile!

Griswell said...

that should have been "you're bringing," not "your bringing." I hate it when I do that.

Abbey said...

Just so ya know... I would much rather be known for being funny & sweet than for my culinary abilities. When they are old & decrepid, they will be shrivelled up used-to-be cooks. You may be shrivelled up, but you'll still be funny & sweet!!
Just a thought...have fun!!

Daniel G said...

Hey, I read your blog! Does that mean I am one of your four readers? If not, well guess what....you have more than four!

Anonymous said...

Alli, I adore you. I really do. My sink also stinks. I didn't give my people supper until 8:30 pm because I kept hoping that the Lord would come back or our non-existent maid would show up and I wouldn't have to cook. And I have about 16 hours of work for my at-home job that I need to do before Monday morning, but it's 11 pm on Saturday and I'm reading blogs! Hope it was great! I'm sure the food was yummy and your sleep deprivation just made you that much more silly and wonderful. Love you! Jamie Lyn

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

If I were up there, I would come over there right now and cook with you, even though the reunion was yesterday :)
I miss you dear friend.
~k

Will_Hunt_4_Food said...

"Deano wants a motorcycle so bad. He's always wanted one. I've always said, "umm. no." Well, gas prices are killin' us. So, I finally said what I should've said years ago, "yes, dear." I mean, no lie, the guy would look hawt on a motorcycle all leathered up and stuff. I'm just saying. They just intimidate the whatever outta me"

It will be hard to look at Dean with out laughing the next time I see him!!!! You are great Alli!

Michelle said...

OK, obviously more than 4 people read your blog and it is clear why. You are so funny...and sweet ;) and profoundly deep...yes you are so shush!!! And next time you MUST call me and ask me to come help you cook. I would have loved that. It would have blessed my butt off to laugh and cook with you. awwww man, I'm sad I missed it.