Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today.

My kitchen stinks. again.
I forgot to put the bed sheets in the dryer from yesterday. I must rewash the sheets. again.
I sat in cranberry juice. I've had a sticky hiney most of the day. I just took a shower. again.
We played with the dawgs.

I've read 4 chapters of Swiss Family Robinson to my boy. He loves it. That makes me happy, but I'm tired of reading out loud. There was a part where they cut off the head of turtle, ate the meat for dinner and made the shell into a clothes washing tub. He almost cried. I smiled, and said, "Buddy, they're being practical and making use of what God has given them to use." He looked up and said, "but the poor tortoise!" Maybe this book is a bit too much for him. He sure does love it though.

My girl is finally into playing dolls. It is fun. I always end up being the stinky boy. It really is cute. We have a doll that is old and weird looking. Her name is Mrs. Linkey and she is Barbie's mom. She likes it when I make Mrs. Linkey shake her bottom and dance. She also likes it when I try to shake Ken's (ahem, who is naked - don't forget!) bottom. Because, well, it is impossible to shake a Ken doll's bottom.

I have no idea what to cook for dinner. No idea. Please, let my lover suggest that we get Chinese from that place right next to the BP station. Oh, to have some fried rice right now. Mmmm...fried rice....! MSG! Yum! Two cheers for MSG! Yeah, that's the good stuff.

What else?

I'm stoked about going to church. Seriously. We are studying Tozer's book. Ugh. Which book is it? I feel like a dork. What is it? The Pursuit of God. It's a smaller church, eh, about 100 or so, but on Wednesdays we have a smaller group than that. We pass out Hymnals, and sit around the tables in the fellowship room. I really don't know if that's what it is, but that's what I'm calling it for now. So, Nathan (el pastor) let's us requests songs, and....duh...we sing 'em. Now, it kindof sounds a bit awkward, doesn't it? But, we've got some folks in that group that sing lovely, and sing in parts! I absolutely love it! Now, don't get me wrong, I love our Sunday music too. I ache for us to at least get a conga drum. Is it a conga drum? You know the drum you hit with your hands? Anyways, I love our sweet music team and the song selections. But, this - Wednesdays - are just tender and encouraging.

Yeah, I look forward to tonight.

But, I need to reread the 1st chapter in that book.

My daughter is sitting on my shoulders as I type. again.

Now she's telling me she's hungry.

Andrew is telling me to read the chapter again.

Gracie just said "no, play dolls!"

I think I'm gonna crawl into my bed.

chinese, dean. think chinese. please read my blog and buy lots of MSG, I mean, egg rolls.

Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors.

I'm not editing!!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

funny post... I'm still smiling. I got really mad at Quinn during my last pregnancy because he didn't bring me buffalo wings once. He didn't know I wanted buffalo wings but I sobbed and said, "but I thought you'd KNOW that I'd WANT them."

Dean. Think. Chinese.

Sarah said...

I loved that blog...you crack me up. :)

Griswell said...

Ok, now you have to let us know if he bought you Chinese or not. If he didn't, what did you have?

I had a barbie when I was little, and her neck had broken at some point. You could still put the head on her but she kind of had no neck. She was the maid. Maybe I would have liked her better if you had been there to make her dance! :)