Thursday, May 8, 2008

my kids.

Wow.

So, last night the 4 of us are having some good ol' snuggle time before we send the kiddos to bed. I get this silly idea to use my hand as a puppet. I mean, I didn't paste any googly eyes on my hand. Nah, didn't even put a sock on it or draw lips with a marker on my hand. It was just my hand. Well, I named the right hand "miss hand" and the left hand "frankie." It was good and fun. I was on a roll, and the kiddos were LOVING it. I love it when my kids love something I do.

Anyway, my daughter is CRAZY about my hands. She woke up this morning asking to talk to Miss Hand. And, just a few minutes ago my left hand put her hair behind her ear real sweetly. She smiled and said, "thanks, Frankie." When we cooked eggs together today - she continued to talk to Miss Hand about stirring and adding salt. My hands ain't get a break. Andrew loves 'em too.

It seems like there is a show on the preschool channel where there are just hands talking. Oobie or something?

Anyway, these Oobies need a break.

As I was typing paragraph 2 I my girl asked "silly miss hand, why are you playing on mommy's computer?" Yup, I'm a puppet. So, my hand raised in response to her.

What does this say about me and my kids?

err....

don't answer that.

Hope y'all are having a sweet day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What it says about you and your kids is that you are an awesome mom who loves to foster her kids creativity. It also says that your kids have a great imagination, because they don't see your hand there, they see "Miss Hand" and "Frankie."

Also..is anyone shocked that Alli was making her hands talk? I'm thinking no. ;)

And this says its from boots210, but its really Emily. I don't feel like logging out of her account and having to retype all that. I know I'm lazy, but its before 7:00, and I was up until 1:30 last night making cookies.

gimmegodiva said...

I can so see that interaction in my head!! So funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure somewhere in our shared history I have seen your hands talk before, because I totally had deja vu while I was reading that! I love it! And you! :)

Jamie Lyn

Missy said...

You seriously make me laugh.
I want to spend the day at the park with you and Ms Hand and Mr Frankie. and your kids!

Melanie Evans said...

I have to laugh because my left hand is "Ruthie" and my right hand is "Ruthie's mean mother"...yep, hands talk at our house too. :) I've had talking hands since I was a little girl...glad I'm not alone! :)

Anonymous said...

You are making fun memories!