Thursday, December 6, 2007

What have I done??!?


Okay, so, remember when both my kiddos broke their arms? Whew! It was indeed a rough time. And, during that time we really thought that we had found our dream home in Alabaster. So, that dream home not only had a fenced yard, but also a doggie fence pen thingie. So, we were honestly believing that Andrew would have a dog for his birthday. And, after the kid had surgery - ugh - he had such a tough time coming out of recovery that I'm pretty sure we told him he'd get a puppy for his birthday.

Well, we didn't get the home. No big deal, but there is no way we can have any animal in this house. No way.

We randomly have stray cats come lookin' for birds and chipmunks. I usually shoo them off or get paralyzed with fear that they will attack me. Seriously. It wiggs me out how they just stare me down.

Deano is great with all animals. His entire family fascinates me with there understanding of critters. Did I tell you that his sister found a deer on the side of the road. Put it in her car. Drove it to her home, and let it stay in her tub? I'm sure it was a fawn, but still! Someone reminded her that it was against the law or something. Anyway...it's fascinating, eh?

We see this cat, and at first I'm ready to shoo it away. Then Deano comments on how thin she is. I never ever notice this stuff.

never ever.

Okay. He got me. I gave the cat some left over sandwich meat. Dean gives her milk.

And, at first the kitty just ran away when we came. Oh, and if she did let you near her, then she definitely wouldn't let you touch her.

Beano worked with her, and loved on the girl. She started warming up to us.

This cat has added so much joy to our family. And, I'm totally fascinated by her. I love to watch her scratch trees and spaz out with shoe laces. Don't get me started on the kiddos. She loves them!! They call for her, and she follows them wherever they go.

Alright.

I have more stories, but I gotta stop now.

I am not a cat lover, but I really am enjoying this critter.

Come on! y'all should be proud of me!!

I'll post more pics soon....especially of my Gracie girl.



I dunno. I just feel like God answered our little prayer to get the kiddos a pet, ya know?

I'm such a mushy gushy.



seriously. I'm hoping she'll scare off any gross 'possums that come our way....

7 comments:

Missy said...

I can emphasize with the pet dilema. My kids want one so bad. They make things for "our dog" that we don't have but may have one day. How depriving are we???

You give me hope that maybe someday I can love a stray cat and it will bring joy to my children. I am not a cat person either. Don't like them at all! But if by some reason a stray one decides to adopt my children as it has yours I will let it I guess. And all because of YOU!!!! :)

Oh, and I will be wanting one of your catchy little Blog names off to the left as well! Please :)

Missy said...

You crack me up! I love my blog name! :) :) :)

steve, kate, annelise and joseph said...

cute story...i can totally see this little kitty following a. and g. around the yard while they are playing.
maybe one day soon, s. and i. can get together with you and your family for a fun night sometime soon...okay so maybe after the christmas season.
talk to you later friend :) ~kate

Michelle said...

awwww, I am so proud of you. I hope she doesn't scare gypsy the possum away.

Anonymous said...

I am so not a cat person, you are more gracious than I would be!

Kim said...

Me loves a kitty. I love our cat! If the kids are sweet and gentle then the kitty will love them forever.
Well, Felix tries to ride ours, but she still has never tried to scratch.

gimmegodiva said...

I am proud of you!!!!! Is it in the house and everything???