Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Baby! I got you on my mi-ind!


Today is one of my favorite days. Yup, it's the day I celebrate the day I married my babies' daddy, Dean Dean the butterbean. Other than the One who saved me from sin and Hell - Dean is my best friend. He makes me feel pretty and smart. He laughs at my jokes. He trusts me with my kiddos. He loves me like no other. The only time I really gross him out is when I brush my teeth, and trust me....I really am grody to the max when I brush my teeth.

For him...I have learned to cook and clean. I have started wiping my feet before I get in bed. I have put his jeans on hangers. I keep the living room clean. I would do anything to make him smile and feel less stressed out.

He mops and sweeps for me, and when the dishes start to overwhelm me....he washes them for me.

He shaved my legs for me when I was hugely pregnant.

He held my mother when she was overwhelmed with grief as she watched her father die. He brought my grandmother food when PaPa was ill. He loves my family, and it makes me smile.

I love that he has an excellent work ethic. I love - absolutely love - to hear him laugh. I love the way he holds both the kiddos in his arms after work and watches tv with them.

He gives the kids baths every night. It started when Andrew was an infant. I was a nervous momma, and cried at the thought of hurting him. He has continued the evening ritual since that night. He also dries and brushes Gracie's hair every night. Hey! I lay out the PJ's and get 'em dressed....

He loves this blobbidy blobbish awkward and goofy girl, and I just don't get it.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me a hottie and not a dork!

The Lord is gracious and knows me so well.

I could go on and on and on.....

14 comments:

Giggler said...

WOW, you are way to sweeeeet. I could echo all those nice things you said about back at you. After 8 short years I look forward to many many more. Everyone needs to know that I have so much fun with you...It's easy to laugh with someone when they are truly funny and appreciate that you laugh at them. It's easy to love someone who loves you so freely and much. You put up with me and anyone who know's me know's that this is no easy task...I am grumpy at times and it's sort of like Christ Return, you never know when my grumpy mood will hit but you really should be prepared for when it does...and the funny thing is, YOU are the only one that can get me out of those grumpy moods. Anyway, there is not enough room on here for me to say wonderful things about you....But to continue on and name a few...I love love love the way you teach our kids, the way you have radical obedience to our Lord in all that you do...The way you love others, man I love that because I can always love people like you do...The way you strive to make me happy, doing things outside your comfort zone...the wisdom and advice you give me in the many things I am involved in. You know, when you get right down to it, I can't imagine life without you...When Scriptures talk about man and woman becoming as 1, I know what they mean now, I can't imagine living as only a 1/2 of a person... I love ya and appreciate you more then I could ever express...Happy 8....

Graced said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I love you both!

Thanks for marrying each other and for being our friends.

Marsha said...

This is precious! Happy Anniversary. May the Lord be gracious and give you many, many more!

Missy said...

I am wiping the sweet drippings off of my monitor right now!

OK...there...now I can see again!

That was such a sweet post and response! I hope ya'll had a wonderful day (& night ;)

Our anniversary is shared with our daughters Bday. So we are waiting for our 10th to really celebrate and make up for all the ones we missed!

Seriously...Happy Anniversary!
(I would love to get together with you sometime!)

-C said...

Happy 8 years ... didn't realize we were married the same year! :) Loved the heartfelt exchange between you guys ... God has been good to you both.

Missy said...

I think a whole bunch of us got married in 99. Some of just got pregnant later that year too!

Leslie said...

Oh, Alli—what a precious, precious post. You guys are perfect for each other. It's amazing how God matches us with just the right person, isn't it? Wow—that's His grace on us! Your post made me even more thankful for my own husband. Thank you for sharing your heart. I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL anniversary. Revel in each others' love, today. Happy Anniversary!

Oh geez . . . now, I'm misty-eyed, too, Missy!

Marsha said...

Hi Alli,

Thank you for your kind comment on my Thankful Thursday blog post. Just call on your ol' Auntie M any time;)

Kim said...

How sweet. What a great post. We got married in '99, too. I believe I was puking from pregnancy at your wedding, if I remember correctly.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and genuine post. It made me even more thankful for mine too. This was the second aninversary blog I've read today!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

of course i am always late on these blog comments.. but happy anniversary.. i hope you had a great one. you guys are so sweet and I think you are perfect for each other. it made me feel all gushy inside! keep at it!

Heather said...

You make me smile! I know that you love your hubby SOOOO much. I still remember all those long talks that we had with ya'll before Brock and I got hitched. You taught me so much about loving and understanding my man. Thanks for the example and keep enjoying your life!

Abbey said...

What great post, girl! I almost thought for a second that I was in love with Dean Dean the Butterbean!

Happy late anniversary!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary almost a month late. Sorry but I had to comment after reading that beautiful post. You guys are great! Leslie is right, as I read your post it made me think of all the things I love about my husband and just how amazing God is to have given us such wonderful gifts! Thanks for being who you are and being so genuine.