Monday, March 3, 2008

windy days

Today was gorgeous with a bit of fun wind. So, what do you do on windy days? Fly kites!

What? You don't have a kite? Huh? It's not really in your budget? Did I hear you say that you aren't crafty enough to make one? Welcome to my world.

Oh, but it can be a fun world, my sweet peeps. Just get out some yarn or string and grab a few Walmart bags. Whah Lah! you've got kites!!

Seriously, we did this last fall with the kiddos. I really thought they weren't impressed with it. Today, they asked for the stringy-walmart bag kites!

And, they played with these bags for well over an hour. It was tons o' fun.

woo hoo for plastic bags that are horrible for the planet!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL!!!! ha ha ! This is so hysterical! You are awesome to think of this. I am seriously laughing so hard. You are the cutest ever! And those pictures caught the joy so perfectly. You are so creative! LOL
I just love you. You can find joy anywhere can't you?

-C said...

That is VERY cool. The next windy day ... we're tryin' it! Thanks for sharing your brilliance with us.

Rebecca M. said...

I think that is so creative! In a day filled with brightly colored electric toys, I'm glad to know a mom who lets her kids imaginations take center stage. Great idea Alli!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comments! they made me smile,and yes whan emily comes back from work i'll give her a hug and tell her its from you.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of when i was little. Except i had to play with my walmart bag kite alone cause my sister used hers as a vest.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Just seeing the pictures of the kiddos makes me smile all over again. That was awesome.

Love ya!

Missy said...

"You know your a redneck when..."


I love it!!!!